11 killed, 25 injured in Kashmir road accident
Srinagar: At least 11 people were killed and 25 wounded in a road accident in Kargil district of cold desert Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir late Friday evening, police said.
"Eleven passengers were killed and 25 others wounded, four of them critically when a bus coming to Kargil town from Zanskar went out of the driver`s control and rolled down a deep gorge at Panzilla pass yesterday night," a senior police officer said here on Saturday.
The officer said relief and rescue operations were immediately started and the injured were shifted to district hospital in Kargil town.
"The four critically injured passengers are being shifted to summer capital Srinagar in a helicopter for specialised treatment," he added.
Meanwhile, heavy snowfall during the night has blocked the Srinagar-Leh highway which connects Ladkah region of the state with rest of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick