11 killed, 25 injured in Kashmir road accident
Srinagar: At least 11 people were killed and 25 wounded in a road accident in Kargil district of cold desert Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir late Friday evening, police said.
"Eleven passengers were killed and 25 others wounded, four of them critically when a bus coming to Kargil town from Zanskar went out of the driver`s control and rolled down a deep gorge at Panzilla pass yesterday night," a senior police officer said here on Saturday.
The officer said relief and rescue operations were immediately started and the injured were shifted to district hospital in Kargil town.
"The four critically injured passengers are being shifted to summer capital Srinagar in a helicopter for specialised treatment," he added.
Meanwhile, heavy snowfall during the night has blocked the Srinagar-Leh highway which connects Ladkah region of the state with rest of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...