11 killed, 25 injured in Kashmir road accident
Srinagar: At least 11 people were killed and 25 wounded in a road accident in Kargil district of cold desert Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir late Friday evening, police said.
"Eleven passengers were killed and 25 others wounded, four of them critically when a bus coming to Kargil town from Zanskar went out of the driver`s control and rolled down a deep gorge at Panzilla pass yesterday night," a senior police officer said here on Saturday.
The officer said relief and rescue operations were immediately started and the injured were shifted to district hospital in Kargil town.
"The four critically injured passengers are being shifted to summer capital Srinagar in a helicopter for specialised treatment," he added.
Meanwhile, heavy snowfall during the night has blocked the Srinagar-Leh highway which connects Ladkah region of the state with rest of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt