11 killed, 25 injured in Kashmir road accident
Srinagar: At least 11 people were killed and 25 wounded in a road accident in Kargil district of cold desert Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir late Friday evening, police said.
"Eleven passengers were killed and 25 others wounded, four of them critically when a bus coming to Kargil town from Zanskar went out of the driver`s control and rolled down a deep gorge at Panzilla pass yesterday night," a senior police officer said here on Saturday.
The officer said relief and rescue operations were immediately started and the injured were shifted to district hospital in Kargil town.
"The four critically injured passengers are being shifted to summer capital Srinagar in a helicopter for specialised treatment," he added.
Meanwhile, heavy snowfall during the night has blocked the Srinagar-Leh highway which connects Ladkah region of the state with rest of the country.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees likely to get huge pay checks by June-July 2016
- Andrew Flintoff tells Yuvraj Singh – 'I will cut your throat off'....Read Yuvi's reply
- Bollywood 2016: Sexiest posters of the year so far
- Eat these superfoods for healthy stomach!
- Delhi Police recovers precious dagger stolen from Nehru Museum, arrests 2