11 killed, 25 injured in Kashmir road accident
Srinagar: At least 11 people were killed and 25 wounded in a road accident in Kargil district of cold desert Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir late Friday evening, police said.
"Eleven passengers were killed and 25 others wounded, four of them critically when a bus coming to Kargil town from Zanskar went out of the driver`s control and rolled down a deep gorge at Panzilla pass yesterday night," a senior police officer said here on Saturday.
The officer said relief and rescue operations were immediately started and the injured were shifted to district hospital in Kargil town.
"The four critically injured passengers are being shifted to summer capital Srinagar in a helicopter for specialised treatment," he added.
Meanwhile, heavy snowfall during the night has blocked the Srinagar-Leh highway which connects Ladkah region of the state with rest of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say