11 killed, 58 injured in road mishap in Udhampur
Jammu: Eleven persons were on Tuesday killed and
58 injured, seven of them seriously, when an over-loaded mini
bus skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge in
Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
The mishap occurred when the driver of the bus, which was
on its way from Latti to Chenani, lost control over the
vehicle, they said, adding, the vehicle skidded off the road
and fell into the 330-feet deep gorge at Choka Nallah, about
125-kms from here, they said.
Six persons died on the spot and five others succumbed on
their way to hospital in Chenani, they said.
Police and CRPF, besides local people, launched a rescue
operation, they said, adding all the injured have been
Out of the 58 injured, 12 persons were airlifted to
Government Medical College (GMC) hospital here, they said,
adding, death toll is likely to increase.
Meanwhile, Minister for Health Sham Lal Sharma expressed
grief over the incident and directed the Chief Medical Officer
Udhampur to provide urgent medical aid to the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?