11 killed, 58 injured in road mishap in Udhampur
Jammu: Eleven persons were on Tuesday killed and
58 injured, seven of them seriously, when an over-loaded mini
bus skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge in
Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
The mishap occurred when the driver of the bus, which was
on its way from Latti to Chenani, lost control over the
vehicle, they said, adding, the vehicle skidded off the road
and fell into the 330-feet deep gorge at Choka Nallah, about
125-kms from here, they said.
Six persons died on the spot and five others succumbed on
their way to hospital in Chenani, they said.
Police and CRPF, besides local people, launched a rescue
operation, they said, adding all the injured have been
Out of the 58 injured, 12 persons were airlifted to
Government Medical College (GMC) hospital here, they said,
adding, death toll is likely to increase.
Meanwhile, Minister for Health Sham Lal Sharma expressed
grief over the incident and directed the Chief Medical Officer
Udhampur to provide urgent medical aid to the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!