11 security men killed in Jammu region in LoC firing in 2013
Jammu: As many as 11 security personnel were killed while 24 others injured in 208 incidents of firing from across Lone of Control (LoC) in Jammu region last year, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said today.
25 civilians were also injured in the firing from across the LoC.
In a written reply to a question of Congress member Sham Lal Bhagat in Legislative Council today, the Chief Minister said,"11 security personnel were killed and 25 civilians and 24 security force personnel were injured in 208 incidents of LoC firing in Jammu, Samba, Kathua, Rajouri and Poonch districts in 2013."
Giving a break up, Omar said 9 security personnel were killed and seven securitymen and six civilians were injured in 143 incidents along LoC in Poonch district, followed by killing of one security man and injuries to 14 securitymen and 18 civilians in 41 incidents in Jammu district.
It was followed by killing of one security man and injury to one security man in 12 incidents in Samba district, followed by injuries to two security personnel and a civilian in 10 incidents of cross-border firing besides no casualties in two incidents of firing in Rajouri district, he said.
Omar said that an ex-gratia relief was paid as per norms notified by the state government. Government is providing financial assistance to the handicapped persons, including those residing in border areas, under different schemes, Omar said, adding, however, there is no scheme exclusively meant for the payment of either compensation or rehabilitation of affected persons of border areas in general.
Rs 750 per month is being paid as a monthly pension to the persons rendered handicapped by cross-border shelling or firing, followed by Rs 400 per month to handicapped persons other than that, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead