12 senior police officials transferred in J&K
Srinagar: In a minor reshuffle in the police department, Jammu and Kashmir government on Thursday ordered transfer of 12 senior officers including nine district superintendents of police.
The transfers were ordered at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in Srinagar, an official spokesman said.
Senior Superintendent of Police, Budgam Uttam Chand was promoted and transferred as Assistant Inspector General in the police headquarters. Chand was replaced by Mohammad Arshid who was previously posted as SP Kupwara, he said.
Mohammad Jabbar has been appointed as SP Kupwara, while Javid Mattoo has been posted as SP Ramban.
Anil Magotra will take over as SP Udhampur, while Sunil Gupta has been transferred as SP Kishtwar.
Atul Kumar will be the new SP of Jammu and Surjit Kumar has been appointed as SP Kargil.
Tejinder Singh was transferred and posted as SP West Srinagar city, Zubair Khan was posted as SP Baramulla and Zahid Manhas was directed to report at police headquarters for further posting.
The cabinet also approved the elevation of Farhad Qadri as general manger, Government Press.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report