12 senior police officials transferred in J&K
Srinagar: In a minor reshuffle in the police department, Jammu and Kashmir government on Thursday ordered transfer of 12 senior officers including nine district superintendents of police.
The transfers were ordered at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in Srinagar, an official spokesman said.
Senior Superintendent of Police, Budgam Uttam Chand was promoted and transferred as Assistant Inspector General in the police headquarters. Chand was replaced by Mohammad Arshid who was previously posted as SP Kupwara, he said.
Mohammad Jabbar has been appointed as SP Kupwara, while Javid Mattoo has been posted as SP Ramban.
Anil Magotra will take over as SP Udhampur, while Sunil Gupta has been transferred as SP Kishtwar.
Atul Kumar will be the new SP of Jammu and Surjit Kumar has been appointed as SP Kargil.
Tejinder Singh was transferred and posted as SP West Srinagar city, Zubair Khan was posted as SP Baramulla and Zahid Manhas was directed to report at police headquarters for further posting.
The cabinet also approved the elevation of Farhad Qadri as general manger, Government Press.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown