12 senior police officials transferred in J&K
Srinagar: In a minor reshuffle in the police department, Jammu and Kashmir government on Thursday ordered transfer of 12 senior officers including nine district superintendents of police.
The transfers were ordered at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in Srinagar, an official spokesman said.
Senior Superintendent of Police, Budgam Uttam Chand was promoted and transferred as Assistant Inspector General in the police headquarters. Chand was replaced by Mohammad Arshid who was previously posted as SP Kupwara, he said.
Mohammad Jabbar has been appointed as SP Kupwara, while Javid Mattoo has been posted as SP Ramban.
Anil Magotra will take over as SP Udhampur, while Sunil Gupta has been transferred as SP Kishtwar.
Atul Kumar will be the new SP of Jammu and Surjit Kumar has been appointed as SP Kargil.
Tejinder Singh was transferred and posted as SP West Srinagar city, Zubair Khan was posted as SP Baramulla and Zahid Manhas was directed to report at police headquarters for further posting.
The cabinet also approved the elevation of Farhad Qadri as general manger, Government Press.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says