12 senior police officials transferred in J&K
Srinagar: In a minor reshuffle in the police department, Jammu and Kashmir government on Thursday ordered transfer of 12 senior officers including nine district superintendents of police.
The transfers were ordered at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in Srinagar, an official spokesman said.
Senior Superintendent of Police, Budgam Uttam Chand was promoted and transferred as Assistant Inspector General in the police headquarters. Chand was replaced by Mohammad Arshid who was previously posted as SP Kupwara, he said.
Mohammad Jabbar has been appointed as SP Kupwara, while Javid Mattoo has been posted as SP Ramban.
Anil Magotra will take over as SP Udhampur, while Sunil Gupta has been transferred as SP Kishtwar.
Atul Kumar will be the new SP of Jammu and Surjit Kumar has been appointed as SP Kargil.
Tejinder Singh was transferred and posted as SP West Srinagar city, Zubair Khan was posted as SP Baramulla and Zahid Manhas was directed to report at police headquarters for further posting.
The cabinet also approved the elevation of Farhad Qadri as general manger, Government Press.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!