12-year-old boy killed in grenade attack in Kishtw
Jammu: A 12-year-old boy, the son of a Special Police Officer, was killed when suspected militants lobbed a grenade at their house late Monday night in a remote village of Kishtwar district in Jammu and Kashmir.
Police sources in Kishtwar said militants lobbed the grenade late Monday night at the house of Shadi Lal, a Special Police Officer (SPO). Lal`s house is in the Dachhan area, 250 km north-east of Jammu. The explosion killed his 12-year-old son Inderjit and injured three other inmates.
"Shadi Lal is posted as the bodyguard of a local Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader in Dachhan," said a police source adding that Shadi Lal had taken part in a number of anti-militancy operations in the area and "this seems to be a revenge attack".
Security forces comprising police and army have launched search operations to catch the militants involved in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters