12-year-old boy killed in grenade attack in Kishtw
Jammu: A 12-year-old boy, the son of a Special Police Officer, was killed when suspected militants lobbed a grenade at their house late Monday night in a remote village of Kishtwar district in Jammu and Kashmir.
Police sources in Kishtwar said militants lobbed the grenade late Monday night at the house of Shadi Lal, a Special Police Officer (SPO). Lal`s house is in the Dachhan area, 250 km north-east of Jammu. The explosion killed his 12-year-old son Inderjit and injured three other inmates.
"Shadi Lal is posted as the bodyguard of a local Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader in Dachhan," said a police source adding that Shadi Lal had taken part in a number of anti-militancy operations in the area and "this seems to be a revenge attack".
Security forces comprising police and army have launched search operations to catch the militants involved in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state