12-year-old boy killed in grenade attack in Kishtw
Jammu: A 12-year-old boy, the son of a Special Police Officer, was killed when suspected militants lobbed a grenade at their house late Monday night in a remote village of Kishtwar district in Jammu and Kashmir.
Police sources in Kishtwar said militants lobbed the grenade late Monday night at the house of Shadi Lal, a Special Police Officer (SPO). Lal`s house is in the Dachhan area, 250 km north-east of Jammu. The explosion killed his 12-year-old son Inderjit and injured three other inmates.
"Shadi Lal is posted as the bodyguard of a local Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader in Dachhan," said a police source adding that Shadi Lal had taken part in a number of anti-militancy operations in the area and "this seems to be a revenge attack".
Security forces comprising police and army have launched search operations to catch the militants involved in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi