120 ceasefire violations by Pakistan this year, highest in 8 years
Jammu: 20 incidents of ceasefire violation have occurred this year so far along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir, highest in the last eight years.
"Pakistani troops have engineered over 120 ceasefire violations along Jammu and Kashmir in 2013 till now," a Defence spokesman said on Monday.
Of the 120 incidents of firing from across the border, 98 ceasefire violations have taken place in Jammu region along LoC in South of Pir Panahcal ranges while others have taken place along the border in Kashmir, he said.
The ceasefire violations are highest this year than the past five years.
There were 93 violations of the 2003 ceasefire by Pakistan along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir in 2012, 51 in 2011 and on 44 occasions in 2010, according to the Defence Ministry.
In 2009 the Pakistani troops violated ceasefire 28 times, while on 77 occasions in 2008, 21 in 2007 and 3 in 2006.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory