125 govt employees suspended for remaining absent in Kishtwar
Kishtwar: Coming down heavily on the practice of absenteeism in government offices, the Jammu and Kashmir government has suspended 125 employees of different departments for remaining absent from their duties here.
Deputy Commissioner, Kishtwar, Mohammad Javed Khan, deputed a team of senior officers yesterday who conducted surprise inspection of various offices in Kishtwar, Chatroo, Padder, Drabshalla, Sarthal, Marwah, Dachhan and Warwan areas for checking attendance of the employees, officials said today.
The team found 125 officials absent from duty, they said.
The absent officials included Block Development Officers, Child Development Project Officers, Tehsil Supply Officers , Medical Officers, Junior Assistants and Range officers of forest department.
The team reported the matter to DC, who then ordered suspension of all the officials and also initiated enquiry against them, they said.
The DC held a meeting of all district officers and impressed upon them to work as a team to ensure inclusive development of the region.
He said that law and order problems emanate from lack of development and hence "fruits of progress should reach to the masses”.
He discussed with all officers their thrust areas and major problems and assured them all help and at the same time cautioned them of dire consequences if irresponsibility towards duty is shown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read