125 govt employees suspended for remaining absent in Kishtwar
Kishtwar: Coming down heavily on the practice of absenteeism in government offices, the Jammu and Kashmir government has suspended 125 employees of different departments for remaining absent from their duties here.
Deputy Commissioner, Kishtwar, Mohammad Javed Khan, deputed a team of senior officers yesterday who conducted surprise inspection of various offices in Kishtwar, Chatroo, Padder, Drabshalla, Sarthal, Marwah, Dachhan and Warwan areas for checking attendance of the employees, officials said today.
The team found 125 officials absent from duty, they said.
The absent officials included Block Development Officers, Child Development Project Officers, Tehsil Supply Officers , Medical Officers, Junior Assistants and Range officers of forest department.
The team reported the matter to DC, who then ordered suspension of all the officials and also initiated enquiry against them, they said.
The DC held a meeting of all district officers and impressed upon them to work as a team to ensure inclusive development of the region.
He said that law and order problems emanate from lack of development and hence "fruits of progress should reach to the masses”.
He discussed with all officers their thrust areas and major problems and assured them all help and at the same time cautioned them of dire consequences if irresponsibility towards duty is shown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode