12th batch of pilgrims leaves for Amaranath from Jammu
Jammu: The 12th batch of over 2,000 pilgrims has left Jammu base camp for their onward journey to the cave shrine of Shri Amarnathji in south Kashmir.
A convoy of 71 vehicles carrying 2,119 devotees left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar at around 4:55 AM towards Kashmir, police said.
The batch comprises 1,547 men, 434 women and 40 children, apart from 98 sadhus, they added.
With today`s batch, a total of 27,477 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for the pilgrimage so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Wonder marathon boy Budhia Singh returns to Odisha, says he was on vacation
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver