12th batch of pilgrims leaves for Amaranath from Jammu
Jammu: The 12th batch of over 2,000 pilgrims has left Jammu base camp for their onward journey to the cave shrine of Shri Amarnathji in south Kashmir.
A convoy of 71 vehicles carrying 2,119 devotees left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar at around 4:55 AM towards Kashmir, police said.
The batch comprises 1,547 men, 434 women and 40 children, apart from 98 sadhus, they added.
With today`s batch, a total of 27,477 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for the pilgrimage so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray