12th batch of pilgrims leaves for Amaranath from Jammu
Jammu: The 12th batch of over 2,000 pilgrims has left Jammu base camp for their onward journey to the cave shrine of Shri Amarnathji in south Kashmir.
A convoy of 71 vehicles carrying 2,119 devotees left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar at around 4:55 AM towards Kashmir, police said.
The batch comprises 1,547 men, 434 women and 40 children, apart from 98 sadhus, they added.
With today`s batch, a total of 27,477 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for the pilgrimage so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- NASA probe set to make closest approach yet to Jupiter
- Daraya under govt control after last rebels evacuated: Syria Army
- West Indies vs India, 1st T20I: MS Dhoni & Co fall short by one run in world record run chase
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg beats Max Verstappen to grab pole position
- EPL 2016-17, Gameweek 3: Saturday football — Chelsea take pole, Arsenal end winless run