13 of marriage party killed, 40 injured in J&K accident
Udhampur (Jammu and Kashmir): At least 13 members of a marriage party were killed and 40 others injured, when the bus, in which they were travelling, skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge at Dudu in Udhampur district this evening, police said.
The mishap occurred when a bus carrying members of a marriage party was returning from Basantgarh to Marothi belt skidded off the road and rolled down into a gorge at Dudu, they said.
According to police, 13 persons were killed and 40 others injured in the mishap. The injured passengers have been shifted to hospitals in Udhampur and Chenani belts.
Out of the injured persons, the condition of few was stated to be critical.
Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra expressed grief over the death of passengers in the accident.
In his message, the Governor conveyed his sympathy to the family members of the deceased persons.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah directed the district authorities to ensure that best possible medical facilities were provided to the injured persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30