13 of marriage party killed, 40 injured in J&K accident
Udhampur (Jammu and Kashmir): At least 13 members of a marriage party were killed and 40 others injured, when the bus, in which they were travelling, skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge at Dudu in Udhampur district this evening, police said.
The mishap occurred when a bus carrying members of a marriage party was returning from Basantgarh to Marothi belt skidded off the road and rolled down into a gorge at Dudu, they said.
According to police, 13 persons were killed and 40 others injured in the mishap. The injured passengers have been shifted to hospitals in Udhampur and Chenani belts.
Out of the injured persons, the condition of few was stated to be critical.
Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra expressed grief over the death of passengers in the accident.
In his message, the Governor conveyed his sympathy to the family members of the deceased persons.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah directed the district authorities to ensure that best possible medical facilities were provided to the injured persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’