130 more beds at Lalla Ded Hospital in Srinagar
Srinagar:The Jammu and Kashmir government has increased the number of beds at the recovery and labour units of Lalla Ded Hospital in the Valley by 130, a move which is expected to reduce congestion at the premier maternal healthcare institute.
The bed capacity of the Recovery Room at the hospital has been upgraded by 60 (from 80 to 140) and the capacity in the Labour Room has been increased by 70 (from 40 to 110), a spokesman said here after Minister for Medical Education, Youth Services and Sports Taj Mohi-ud-in inaugurated the facilities yesterday.
With the inauguration of both the facilities, the bed congestion at the hospital has been greatly minimised, he said.
The minister also inaugurated a gynaecology museum at the hospital-- a first in the state-- which has on display rare and unusual surgical objects used previously at various hospitals, the spokesman said.
He said the museum also has on display the instruments and microscopes previously used in surgeries.
The minister said that he will try to facilitate the availability of all equipment needed for making patients` care smooth and successful in the hospital.
Taj also convened a meeting to review the ongoing development works at the hospital and asked the executing agencies to speed up their efforts so that patients are benefited at the earliest, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test: Sachin Tendulkar's record remains unbroken; Alastair Cook misses out again
- Lanka's missing persons office lacked consultations: HRW
- Bihar Intermediate Arts Results 2016: BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared tomorrow on May 28
- Reliance launches 4G powered smartphone LYF Flame 4 at Rs 3,999
- 'I am a Tiger. What are you?' asks Jacqueline Fernandez!