135 stranded passengers airlifted by IAF
Srinagar: As many as 135 stranded
passengers, including over a dozen patients, were airlifted by IAF choppers from snow-bound Gurez and Karnah sectors of north
Kashmir, an official spokesman said Wednesday.
While 82 stranded passengers were airlifted from Gurez
to Bandipora district headquarters, 53 people were airlifted
in frontier Kupwara district yesterday, the spokesman said.
He said 27 passengers, including some patients, were
airlifted from Kupwara to border town of Karnah.
26 passengers, including 12 patients, availed the IAF
service from Karnah to Kupwara, he said.
Jammu and Kashmir government has sought the help of IAF
to airlift stranded passengers from snow-bound areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Parent firm Finmeccanica yet to be formally blacklisted, says report
- PCB clears Younis Khan after accepting his apology
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh Board CGBSE 10th X Class High School (HS) Exam Results 2016
- #CongressPlanningRiots is trending on Twitter. Here's why
- UMANG: This pan-India app will give you access to all government services