135 stranded passengers airlifted by IAF
Srinagar: As many as 135 stranded
passengers, including over a dozen patients, were airlifted by IAF choppers from snow-bound Gurez and Karnah sectors of north
Kashmir, an official spokesman said Wednesday.
While 82 stranded passengers were airlifted from Gurez
to Bandipora district headquarters, 53 people were airlifted
in frontier Kupwara district yesterday, the spokesman said.
He said 27 passengers, including some patients, were
airlifted from Kupwara to border town of Karnah.
26 passengers, including 12 patients, availed the IAF
service from Karnah to Kupwara, he said.
Jammu and Kashmir government has sought the help of IAF
to airlift stranded passengers from snow-bound areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands