14 govt officials suspended for absenteeism
Srinagar: Authorities placed under suspension 14 government officials for unauthorised absence from duty in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, an official spokesman said on tuesday.
Deputy Commissioner Kupwara Sarmad Hafeez ordered suspension of the officials after inspecting various departments yesterday as part of efforts to ensure regularity and punctuality in the government offices, the spokesman said.
During the inspection, as many as 14 officials of various departments were found unauthorisedly absent from their duty and were placed under suspension with the immediate effect, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka