14 govt officials suspended for absenteeism
Srinagar: Authorities placed under suspension 14 government officials for unauthorised absence from duty in Kupwara district of north Kashmir, an official spokesman said on tuesday.
Deputy Commissioner Kupwara Sarmad Hafeez ordered suspension of the officials after inspecting various departments yesterday as part of efforts to ensure regularity and punctuality in the government offices, the spokesman said.
During the inspection, as many as 14 officials of various departments were found unauthorisedly absent from their duty and were placed under suspension with the immediate effect, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah