14 top commanders among 21 militants killed in J-K this year
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir`s new strategy
of "surgical strikes" on actionable Intelligence inputs seems
to have paid off well as 14 A-grade commanders are among 21
militants eliminated in the state since January, say police.
According to a security report prepared by the home
department, top commanders of Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami (HuJI)
and Jaish were killed during the past one and half month.
Statistics said 14 militants including seven
commanders were killed in January, followed by seven
commanders till February 15.
"There is huge pressure on the leadership of terror
groups like LeT, JeM, HM and HuJI. They are changing their
locations as police are seeking them," a senior police officer
According to the officer, the success has been due to
the "meticulous surgical operation on actionable
"Police killed wanted HuJI `supreme commander` Feroz
Ahmed Meghmo and his two deputy commanders Nazir Ahmed and
Ishaq after a week long tracking in Chechie in Kishtwar
district on February four. Such was the operation that
Meghmo`s wife Hafiza and two children were captured alive
during the operation without any injury to them," the officer
Before this, police tracked down another A-category
terrorist Jaish-e-Mohammad`s (JeM) chief Abdullah Sani alias
Dawood in Mendhar tehsil of Poonch district on January 17.
It was followed by killing of JeM divisional commander
Aziz Ali in Mendhar tehsil of Poonch district on February 3.
Besides this other A-category commanders were Irfan
Mustaq (deputy divisional commander of Hizb), Adil Pathan and
Khalid Hussain (battalion commanders of Hizb), Riyaz Bedad
(Hizb district commander), Aslam (Hizb divisional commander),
and Saddam (Hizb deputy commander), Zakir Hussain (Hizb
section commander) and Nisar Shah and Saifulah (LeT
In 2009, police and security forces had killed 51 A-
grade commanders among 242 militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now