1,446 Kashmiri migrants got job under PM`s package
New Delhi: Altogether 1,446 Kashmiri migrants have accepted employment under the Prime Minister`s special rehabilitation package for the community and are living in the Valley.
Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh said under the package, announced in 2008 to ensure rehabilitation of those who had left the Kashmir Valley at the peak of militancy, the Jammu and Kashmir government has created 3,000 posts and appointment orders have been issued to 2,169 candidates and 1,446 of them have joined their posts in the Valley.
"The Prime Minister`s package provides for employment opportunities to 6,000 unemployed migrant youths in the state government...Another 9,000 unemployed migrant youths are proposed to be facilitated to get financial assistance for self employment/ business ventures. The response to which is very poor," he told Rajya Sabha today.
The package provides for housing, transit accommodation, continuance of cash relief, students` scholarship, employment, financial assistance to agriculturists and horticulturists and waiver of interest loans, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read