1,45,686 houses constructed under IAY scheme
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government
today said that 1,45,686 houses have been constructed under
the Indira Awas Yojana (IAY) scheme in the state.
"1,45,686 houses have been constructed under IAY scheme
since its inception in Jammu and Kashmir", Minister for Rural
Development Ali Mohammad Sagar said in a written reply to a
question by Dr Bashir Ahmed Veeri in the Legislative Council
The scheme, which was launched in 2008, has been modified
by the Government of India during the current financial year
and sanitary latrine and smoke less chulhas have been deleted
from the provisions and guidelines of the scheme, he said.
However, 1,10,293 individual household latrines have been
constructed so far in the state, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living