1,45,686 houses constructed under IAY scheme
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government
today said that 1,45,686 houses have been constructed under
the Indira Awas Yojana (IAY) scheme in the state.
"1,45,686 houses have been constructed under IAY scheme
since its inception in Jammu and Kashmir", Minister for Rural
Development Ali Mohammad Sagar said in a written reply to a
question by Dr Bashir Ahmed Veeri in the Legislative Council
The scheme, which was launched in 2008, has been modified
by the Government of India during the current financial year
and sanitary latrine and smoke less chulhas have been deleted
from the provisions and guidelines of the scheme, he said.
However, 1,10,293 individual household latrines have been
constructed so far in the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report