‘15 graft cases filed against J-K politicians, ministers’
Srinagar: At least 15 cases of corruption or misuse of official position have been registered against state politicians including four sitting ministers before the Jammu and Kashmir State Accountability Commission, the state government told the Legislative Assembly o Tuesday.
The ministers, who have cases pending before the anti-corruption commission, are Abdul Rahim Rather (Finance), Taj Mohiuddin (Public Health Engineering), Peerzada Mohammad Sayeed (Public Enterprises) and Manohar Lal Sharma (Cooperatives).
Former Ministers and legislators facing charges of corruption include Abdul Gaffar Sofi (PDP), Hakim Mohammad Yasin (PDF), Mangat Ram Sharma, Suman Lata Bhagat, Gulchain Singh Charak and Khem Lata Wakhloo (all Congress).
Some of the politicians have more than one case pending before the commission.
They include Sayeed, Wakhloo and Charak.
Proceedings in six of the cases have been stayed by the State High Court after the accused persons filed writ petitions.
While one case has been reserved for judgement by the Commission, the other cases are at various stages of inquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof