150 compassionate appointments under process: J&K Govt
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Government on Tuesday
said that 150 cases of compassionate appointment for the next
of kin of Special Police Officers (SPOs) and Village Defence
Committee (VDC) members, killed while combating militancy,
were under process in the state.
"At the moment, 150 cases of compassionate appointments
for families of SPOs and VDCs are under process in the Home
department," Law and Parliamentary Affairs minister Ali
Mohammad Sagar said in reply to a question in the Legislative
As many as 475 SPOs and 131 VDC members have been killed
in militancy-related incidents in the state up to October 2
this year, the minister said.
Responding to MLC Naresh Gupta`s claim that none of the
92 SPOs and VDCs killed in his area in Jammu region were given
the benefit, Sagar sought details from him for taking up the
An order passed last year provided for compassionate
appointment for the next of Special Police Officers who died
in militancy-related action, the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH