16th batch of devotees leave for Amarnath shrine
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 16th batch of 2,148 pilgrims on Saturday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
The batch, including 1,637 men, 357 women, and 10 children, left in a convoy of 65 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at 4:10 am, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Kud on Jammu-Srinagar National highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they added.
With today`s batch, as many as 30,067 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!