16th batch of devotees leave for Amarnath shrine
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 16th batch of 2,148 pilgrims on Saturday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
The batch, including 1,637 men, 357 women, and 10 children, left in a convoy of 65 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at 4:10 am, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Kud on Jammu-Srinagar National highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they added.
With today`s batch, as many as 30,067 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption