16th batch of devotees leave for Amarnath shrine
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 16th batch of 2,148 pilgrims on Saturday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
The batch, including 1,637 men, 357 women, and 10 children, left in a convoy of 65 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at 4:10 am, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Kud on Jammu-Srinagar National highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they added.
With today`s batch, as many as 30,067 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS