17 J&K separatist leaders under security cover
Jammu: Seventeen separatist leaders are
being provided with security cover while five others have
refused the facility, said J&K chief minister in the state
Assembly on Tuesday.
Omar Abdullah said that 12 separatist leaders
are getting police cover, while five others have refused the
offer, entailing a cost of Rs 23.84 lakh.
Leaders provided with security: Hurriyat Chief Moulvi
Farooq, Prof Abdul Gani, Moulvi Abbas Ansari, Aga Syed Hassan
Mousvi, Bilal Ahmed Lone, Hashim Qureshi and Sajjad Gani Lone
(Z-category), Salim Geelani, Zafar Akbar Bhat,
Shahid-ul-Islam, Mohammad Yaqoob Vakil (Y-category), Abdul
Hassan Mustafa, Moulvi Manzoor Hussain, Masoor Abbas Ansari,
Tariq Anwar, Rafiq-ul-Haq and Sheikh Muzaffar.
JKLF Chief Yaseen Malik, Fazal Haq Qureshi (Chairman
of PPF), Shabir Shah, Nayeem Ahmed Khan and Syed Ali Shah
Geelani have refused to take security from the police, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report