17 J&K separatist leaders under security cover
Jammu: Seventeen separatist leaders are
being provided with security cover while five others have
refused the facility, said J&K chief minister in the state
Assembly on Tuesday.
Omar Abdullah said that 12 separatist leaders
are getting police cover, while five others have refused the
offer, entailing a cost of Rs 23.84 lakh.
Leaders provided with security: Hurriyat Chief Moulvi
Farooq, Prof Abdul Gani, Moulvi Abbas Ansari, Aga Syed Hassan
Mousvi, Bilal Ahmed Lone, Hashim Qureshi and Sajjad Gani Lone
(Z-category), Salim Geelani, Zafar Akbar Bhat,
Shahid-ul-Islam, Mohammad Yaqoob Vakil (Y-category), Abdul
Hassan Mustafa, Moulvi Manzoor Hussain, Masoor Abbas Ansari,
Tariq Anwar, Rafiq-ul-Haq and Sheikh Muzaffar.
JKLF Chief Yaseen Malik, Fazal Haq Qureshi (Chairman
of PPF), Shabir Shah, Nayeem Ahmed Khan and Syed Ali Shah
Geelani have refused to take security from the police, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah