17 J&K separatist leaders under security cover
Jammu: Seventeen separatist leaders are
being provided with security cover while five others have
refused the facility, said J&K chief minister in the state
Assembly on Tuesday.
Omar Abdullah said that 12 separatist leaders
are getting police cover, while five others have refused the
offer, entailing a cost of Rs 23.84 lakh.
Leaders provided with security: Hurriyat Chief Moulvi
Farooq, Prof Abdul Gani, Moulvi Abbas Ansari, Aga Syed Hassan
Mousvi, Bilal Ahmed Lone, Hashim Qureshi and Sajjad Gani Lone
(Z-category), Salim Geelani, Zafar Akbar Bhat,
Shahid-ul-Islam, Mohammad Yaqoob Vakil (Y-category), Abdul
Hassan Mustafa, Moulvi Manzoor Hussain, Masoor Abbas Ansari,
Tariq Anwar, Rafiq-ul-Haq and Sheikh Muzaffar.
JKLF Chief Yaseen Malik, Fazal Haq Qureshi (Chairman
of PPF), Shabir Shah, Nayeem Ahmed Khan and Syed Ali Shah
Geelani have refused to take security from the police, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in