17 J&K separatist leaders under security cover
Jammu: Seventeen separatist leaders are
being provided with security cover while five others have
refused the facility, said J&K chief minister in the state
Assembly on Tuesday.
Omar Abdullah said that 12 separatist leaders
are getting police cover, while five others have refused the
offer, entailing a cost of Rs 23.84 lakh.
Leaders provided with security: Hurriyat Chief Moulvi
Farooq, Prof Abdul Gani, Moulvi Abbas Ansari, Aga Syed Hassan
Mousvi, Bilal Ahmed Lone, Hashim Qureshi and Sajjad Gani Lone
(Z-category), Salim Geelani, Zafar Akbar Bhat,
Shahid-ul-Islam, Mohammad Yaqoob Vakil (Y-category), Abdul
Hassan Mustafa, Moulvi Manzoor Hussain, Masoor Abbas Ansari,
Tariq Anwar, Rafiq-ul-Haq and Sheikh Muzaffar.
JKLF Chief Yaseen Malik, Fazal Haq Qureshi (Chairman
of PPF), Shabir Shah, Nayeem Ahmed Khan and Syed Ali Shah
Geelani have refused to take security from the police, he
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview