180 Kgs of poppy straw seized, two arrested in J&K
Srinagar: Two drug peddlers were arrested
from Shopian district of south Kashmir on Sunday, police said.
Mehraj-ud-Din Dar and Mohammad Amin Dar were arrested
on a tip-off from their houses at Watchi-Shopian, 55 kms from
here, a police spokesman said.
On their disclosure, the house of one Farooq
Ahmad Teli was raided at Katrasoo in nearby Kulgam district,
he said adding that the search led to the recovery of 180
kilograms of poppy straw.
However, Teli managed to escape and a hunt was on to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today