‘1,858 buildings still under occupation of Army’
Jammu: More than 1,800 buildings still remain under occupation of the Army and para-military forces in Jammu and Kashmir at present, the JK government said Tuesday.
As many as 1,858 government and private buildings are still under occupation of security forces and Army in Jammu and Kashmir, minister of state for Home, Sajjad Ahmed Kitchloo said.
However, till now, as many as 1,425 out of the total 3,283 such buildings have been vacated, he added.
Presently three hospitals, 28 hotels, 1,526 private buildings, 283 government buildings and 18 other establishments (factories, orchards etc) are under occupation of security forces, the minister further said.
Moreover, 179 schools, 37 hotels, 919 private buildings, 264 government buildings and 26 industrial units have been vacated so far, he said.
"Efforts are afoot to have these premises vacated as early as possible to facilitate their use for original purpose", Kitchloo said.
54 static bunkers have been removed from public places in Srinagar till date, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal