‘1,858 buildings still under occupation of Army’
Jammu: More than 1,800 buildings still remain under occupation of the Army and para-military forces in Jammu and Kashmir at present, the JK government said Tuesday.
As many as 1,858 government and private buildings are still under occupation of security forces and Army in Jammu and Kashmir, minister of state for Home, Sajjad Ahmed Kitchloo said.
However, till now, as many as 1,425 out of the total 3,283 such buildings have been vacated, he added.
Presently three hospitals, 28 hotels, 1,526 private buildings, 283 government buildings and 18 other establishments (factories, orchards etc) are under occupation of security forces, the minister further said.
Moreover, 179 schools, 37 hotels, 919 private buildings, 264 government buildings and 26 industrial units have been vacated so far, he said.
"Efforts are afoot to have these premises vacated as early as possible to facilitate their use for original purpose", Kitchloo said.
54 static bunkers have been removed from public places in Srinagar till date, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'