18th batch of 1,363 pilgrims leave Jammu for Amarnath
Jammu: Over 1,000 pilgrims today left the Jammu base camp for their onward journey to the holy cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir.
A convoy of 44 vehicles carrying the 18th batch of 1,363 devotees left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar around 4:50 am today to pay obeisance at the holy cave shrine of Amarnath in Kashmir Valley, police said.
The batch has 988 men, 299 women, 26 children, apart from 50 sadhus, they added. With today`s batch, a total of 37,337 devotees have left the Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley