18th batch of 1,363 pilgrims leave Jammu for Amarnath
Jammu: Over 1,000 pilgrims today left the Jammu base camp for their onward journey to the holy cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir.
A convoy of 44 vehicles carrying the 18th batch of 1,363 devotees left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar around 4:50 am today to pay obeisance at the holy cave shrine of Amarnath in Kashmir Valley, police said.
The batch has 988 men, 299 women, 26 children, apart from 50 sadhus, they added. With today`s batch, a total of 37,337 devotees have left the Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP