18th batch of 1,363 pilgrims leave Jammu for Amarnath
Jammu: Over 1,000 pilgrims today left the Jammu base camp for their onward journey to the holy cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir.
A convoy of 44 vehicles carrying the 18th batch of 1,363 devotees left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar around 4:50 am today to pay obeisance at the holy cave shrine of Amarnath in Kashmir Valley, police said.
The batch has 988 men, 299 women, 26 children, apart from 50 sadhus, they added. With today`s batch, a total of 37,337 devotees have left the Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!