1.90L pilgrims visit Amarnath in first 10 days
Jammu: Nearly 1.90 lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir Himalayas in the first 10 days of the yatra.
"As many as 1,88,529 pilgrims have paid obeisance at Ice Lingam of Lord Shiva at Amarnath shrine till last night," officials associated with Yatra said today.
Over 20,000 more people are on their way to cave shrine today from the two identified routes of Baltal and Pahalgam.
"The yatra is going on smoothly as pilgrims are paying obeisance without any difficulty," they said.
Yatra, which started on March 25, will conclude on August 2 coinciding with Rakhsha Bandhan.
Meanwhile, amid tight security, a batch 3,163 more pilgrims left the Jammu base camp today for the cave shrine.
To ensure incident-free and peaceful pilgrimage, CRPF has deployed 57 companies along the yatra route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch