1.90L pilgrims visit Amarnath in first 10 days
Jammu: Nearly 1.90 lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir Himalayas in the first 10 days of the yatra.
"As many as 1,88,529 pilgrims have paid obeisance at Ice Lingam of Lord Shiva at Amarnath shrine till last night," officials associated with Yatra said today.
Over 20,000 more people are on their way to cave shrine today from the two identified routes of Baltal and Pahalgam.
"The yatra is going on smoothly as pilgrims are paying obeisance without any difficulty," they said.
Yatra, which started on March 25, will conclude on August 2 coinciding with Rakhsha Bandhan.
Meanwhile, amid tight security, a batch 3,163 more pilgrims left the Jammu base camp today for the cave shrine.
To ensure incident-free and peaceful pilgrimage, CRPF has deployed 57 companies along the yatra route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh