1.90L pilgrims visit Amarnath in first 10 days
Jammu: Nearly 1.90 lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir Himalayas in the first 10 days of the yatra.
"As many as 1,88,529 pilgrims have paid obeisance at Ice Lingam of Lord Shiva at Amarnath shrine till last night," officials associated with Yatra said today.
Over 20,000 more people are on their way to cave shrine today from the two identified routes of Baltal and Pahalgam.
"The yatra is going on smoothly as pilgrims are paying obeisance without any difficulty," they said.
Yatra, which started on March 25, will conclude on August 2 coinciding with Rakhsha Bandhan.
Meanwhile, amid tight security, a batch 3,163 more pilgrims left the Jammu base camp today for the cave shrine.
To ensure incident-free and peaceful pilgrimage, CRPF has deployed 57 companies along the yatra route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof