1.90L pilgrims visit Amarnath in first 10 days
Jammu: Nearly 1.90 lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir Himalayas in the first 10 days of the yatra.
"As many as 1,88,529 pilgrims have paid obeisance at Ice Lingam of Lord Shiva at Amarnath shrine till last night," officials associated with Yatra said today.
Over 20,000 more people are on their way to cave shrine today from the two identified routes of Baltal and Pahalgam.
"The yatra is going on smoothly as pilgrims are paying obeisance without any difficulty," they said.
Yatra, which started on March 25, will conclude on August 2 coinciding with Rakhsha Bandhan.
Meanwhile, amid tight security, a batch 3,163 more pilgrims left the Jammu base camp today for the cave shrine.
To ensure incident-free and peaceful pilgrimage, CRPF has deployed 57 companies along the yatra route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'