2 bills passed to setup Election & Finance Commissions in J&K
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir will now have a
State Election Commission (SEC) and State Finance Commission
(SFC) for panchayats and municipalities with the two Houses of
the state legislature adopting separate bills in this regard.
A bill to amend the Jammu and Kashmir Panchayat Raj Act,
1989 (LA Bill 13 of 2011) was passed by Legislative Assembly
after a voice vote on Saturday.
After discussion over the bill Law, Justice and
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar told the
House this bill was brought by the government to fulfil its
commitment with the people for empowering the panchayats in
Jammu and Kahsmir.
Later the bill, which proposes to setup State Election
Commission (SEC) in Jammu and Kashmir for Panchayat elections,
was passed by the upper House with a voice vote and the bill
was returned to the Legislative Assembly.
The Minister for Finance Abdul Rahim Rather moved another
bill in Legislative Council today providing for the
constitution of a State Finance Commission to review the
financial position of the panchayats, municipalities and
suggesting measures thereof.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe