2 bills passed to setup Election & Finance Commissions in J&K
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir will now have a
State Election Commission (SEC) and State Finance Commission
(SFC) for panchayats and municipalities with the two Houses of
the state legislature adopting separate bills in this regard.
A bill to amend the Jammu and Kashmir Panchayat Raj Act,
1989 (LA Bill 13 of 2011) was passed by Legislative Assembly
after a voice vote on Saturday.
After discussion over the bill Law, Justice and
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar told the
House this bill was brought by the government to fulfil its
commitment with the people for empowering the panchayats in
Jammu and Kahsmir.
Later the bill, which proposes to setup State Election
Commission (SEC) in Jammu and Kashmir for Panchayat elections,
was passed by the upper House with a voice vote and the bill
was returned to the Legislative Assembly.
The Minister for Finance Abdul Rahim Rather moved another
bill in Legislative Council today providing for the
constitution of a State Finance Commission to review the
financial position of the panchayats, municipalities and
suggesting measures thereof.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof