2 cops killed as militants strike in Pulwama, Kulgam
Srinagar: Militants on Wednesday struck twice in a span of six hours, killing two policemen on duty in Pulwama and Kulgam districts of south Kashmir.
Constable Dalbir Singh was shot at by unidentified militants from a very close range at Rajpora chowk in Pulwama town, 35 km from here, around noon, police said.
Singh was referred to a hospital here in a critical condition, where he succumbed to injuries.
In Yaripora market of Kulgam district, 80 km from here, militants shot at constable Mukhtar Ahmad, who was posted on duty there, the police said.
Ahmad was rushed to district hospital Kulgam, where he was declared brought dead, police said adding the incident took place around 5.30 PM.
Soon after the attacks, operations were launched at both places to track down the assailants who fled the scene taking advantage of panic caused by the shootings.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attacks so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read