2 cops suspended, ASI transferred for corruption in J&K
Jammu: Two constables were suspended while an Assistant Sub-Inspector was transfered to the district Police Lines over separate cases of corruption in the Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"We have suspended two police constables Vikram Singh and Majid Ahmad and shifted ASI Shakeel Ahmad to the district Police Lines yesterday for engaging in corruption," Udhampur SSP Benam Tosh said on Friday.
The constables have been hauled up for demanding a bribe in the matter of appointment of a youth as a Special Police Officer, while the ASI has been removed from his post for irregularities in registration of a case, the SSP said.
Following a complaint by some persons on Wednesday, a probe was conducted, which confirmed the charges and resulted in action against the officers, Tosh said adding, investigations were on into the corruption charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!