2 cops suspended, ASI transferred for corruption in J&K
Jammu: Two constables were suspended while an Assistant Sub-Inspector was transfered to the district Police Lines over separate cases of corruption in the Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"We have suspended two police constables Vikram Singh and Majid Ahmad and shifted ASI Shakeel Ahmad to the district Police Lines yesterday for engaging in corruption," Udhampur SSP Benam Tosh said on Friday.
The constables have been hauled up for demanding a bribe in the matter of appointment of a youth as a Special Police Officer, while the ASI has been removed from his post for irregularities in registration of a case, the SSP said.
Following a complaint by some persons on Wednesday, a probe was conducted, which confirmed the charges and resulted in action against the officers, Tosh said adding, investigations were on into the corruption charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off