2 cops suspended, ASI transferred for corruption in J&K
Jammu: Two constables were suspended while an Assistant Sub-Inspector was transfered to the district Police Lines over separate cases of corruption in the Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"We have suspended two police constables Vikram Singh and Majid Ahmad and shifted ASI Shakeel Ahmad to the district Police Lines yesterday for engaging in corruption," Udhampur SSP Benam Tosh said on Friday.
The constables have been hauled up for demanding a bribe in the matter of appointment of a youth as a Special Police Officer, while the ASI has been removed from his post for irregularities in registration of a case, the SSP said.
Following a complaint by some persons on Wednesday, a probe was conducted, which confirmed the charges and resulted in action against the officers, Tosh said adding, investigations were on into the corruption charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days