2 hurt in grenade explosion
Srinagar: Two persons were injured on Wednesday when
some militants made an abortive bid to target an army convoy
by hurling a grenade in Pattan area of north Kashmir`s
Baramulla district, officials said.
Militants hurled a grenade at an army convoy passing
through Pattan market, 30 km from here, at around 2.00 pm but
the explosive missed the intended target and landed inside a
shop, the officials said.
They said shopkeeper Ghulam Mohammad Sofi and his friend
Abdul Khaliq Bhat sustained minor injuries in the explosion.
Both the injured were shifted to nearby sub-district
hospital where their condition was stated to be out of danger,
the officials added.
No militant outfit immediately claimed responsibility for
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar's bail may be cancelled by Delhi High Court - Know why
- Prashant Bhushan takes dig at Smriti Irani, says 'Will HRD be renamed Hindu Rashtra Development Ministry?'
- Japan gives up on failed black hole research satellite
- Notice issued to Priyanka Gandhi Vadra over her land deal in Shimla
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer