2007 murder: 3 get life sentence
Srinagar: A court in Kashmir`s Shopian district on Monday sentenced three persons, including a father-son duo, to life imprisonment for murdering a man in 2007.
The Sessions court (Shopian) also slapped a fine of 50,000 each on the three convicts.
On October eight, Rashid Wani, his son Sajad Ahmad Wani and Rafiq Takad were convicted by the court on charges of murdering one Yaseen Wani, a resident of Heerpora in Shopian, in 2007.
"Today, the Sessions court sentenced the trio to rigorous life imprisonment and slapped a fine of Rs 50,000 each on them," a police spokesman said.
The trio attacked the victim when he was offering prayers in a mosque on June 1, 2007, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister