2007 murder: 3 get life sentence
Srinagar: A court in Kashmir`s Shopian district on Monday sentenced three persons, including a father-son duo, to life imprisonment for murdering a man in 2007.
The Sessions court (Shopian) also slapped a fine of 50,000 each on the three convicts.
On October eight, Rashid Wani, his son Sajad Ahmad Wani and Rafiq Takad were convicted by the court on charges of murdering one Yaseen Wani, a resident of Heerpora in Shopian, in 2007.
"Today, the Sessions court sentenced the trio to rigorous life imprisonment and slapped a fine of Rs 50,000 each on them," a police spokesman said.
The trio attacked the victim when he was offering prayers in a mosque on June 1, 2007, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Housing sales decline 2.2% to 1.58 lakh units in FY16
- Gold price to zoom to Rs 33,500 levels by 2016-end: Experts
- Don't panic, British economic fundamentals are strong: Business Secretary
- Monetary committee rules to be notified in few weeks: Economic Affairs Secretary
- Lucky escape for Goa mayor, six others as boat capsizes