2007 murder: 3 get life sentence
Srinagar: A court in Kashmir`s Shopian district on Monday sentenced three persons, including a father-son duo, to life imprisonment for murdering a man in 2007.
The Sessions court (Shopian) also slapped a fine of 50,000 each on the three convicts.
On October eight, Rashid Wani, his son Sajad Ahmad Wani and Rafiq Takad were convicted by the court on charges of murdering one Yaseen Wani, a resident of Heerpora in Shopian, in 2007.
"Today, the Sessions court sentenced the trio to rigorous life imprisonment and slapped a fine of Rs 50,000 each on them," a police spokesman said.
The trio attacked the victim when he was offering prayers in a mosque on June 1, 2007, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’