2010 J&K unrest: Arrest warrants issued against two policemen
Srinagar: A local court on Thursday issued non-bailable arrest warrants against two police personnel in a case related to the death of a teenager during protests in the 2010 summer unrest in Kashmir Valley.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Srinagar Rajeev Gupta today issued non-bailable arrest warrants against sub-inspector Abdul
Khaliq and SPO Mohammad Akram in connection with the killing of Wamiq Farooq, a class VII student, at Rajouri Kadal in 2010.
The arrest warrant was issued under section 304 RPC (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) as the court held that there was sufficient evidence against the two policemen as reflected in the reports of the Judicial inquiry and the special investigation team.
The court has asked the Inspector General of Police, Kashmir, to execute the warrants.
Wamiq Farooq was killed on January 31, 2010 when a teargas shell allegedly hit him on the head near Gani Memorial Stadium at Rajouri Kadal in the old part of Srinagar.
Soon after Wamiq`s killing, his father, Farooq Ahmad Wani had filed a complaint before the CJM seeking registration of an FIR under section 302 RPC.
Meanwhile, moderate faction of Hurriyat Conference has welcomed the verdict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'