2.15 lakh pilgrims thronged Shivkhori Festival
Jammu: The three-day-long Shivratri festival
at the Shivkhori cave shrine in Reasi district of Jammu and
Kashmir was thronged by over 2.15 lakh pilgrims from all over
The festival which had commenced from February 19 concluded at historic Shivkhori at Ransoo last evening.
Over 2.15 lakh pilgrims visited the shrine to pay their
obeisance and seek blessings of Lord Shiva, said Assistant
Commissioner (Revenue), Sukhdev Singh Sambyal, who is also
Executive Officer of Shri Shiv Khori Shrine Board.
The state government had put in place all arrangements of
boarding, lodging, sanitation, medicare, electricity and
drinking water supply, besides the security.
The Shivkhori Shrine Board and Tourism Department had
created adequate lodging facilities at base camp, Ransoo and
near the cave shrine for the comfortable stay of the pilgrims.
Various social organisations including Shivkohri Mandli, Katra, had installed free langers at mela site and enroute
the cave shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown