2.15 lakh pilgrims thronged Shivkhori Festival
Jammu: The three-day-long Shivratri festival
at the Shivkhori cave shrine in Reasi district of Jammu and
Kashmir was thronged by over 2.15 lakh pilgrims from all over
The festival which had commenced from February 19 concluded at historic Shivkhori at Ransoo last evening.
Over 2.15 lakh pilgrims visited the shrine to pay their
obeisance and seek blessings of Lord Shiva, said Assistant
Commissioner (Revenue), Sukhdev Singh Sambyal, who is also
Executive Officer of Shri Shiv Khori Shrine Board.
The state government had put in place all arrangements of
boarding, lodging, sanitation, medicare, electricity and
drinking water supply, besides the security.
The Shivkhori Shrine Board and Tourism Department had
created adequate lodging facilities at base camp, Ransoo and
near the cave shrine for the comfortable stay of the pilgrims.
Various social organisations including Shivkohri Mandli, Katra, had installed free langers at mela site and enroute
the cave shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead