2.15 lakh pilgrims thronged Shivkhori Festival
Jammu: The three-day-long Shivratri festival
at the Shivkhori cave shrine in Reasi district of Jammu and
Kashmir was thronged by over 2.15 lakh pilgrims from all over
The festival which had commenced from February 19 concluded at historic Shivkhori at Ransoo last evening.
Over 2.15 lakh pilgrims visited the shrine to pay their
obeisance and seek blessings of Lord Shiva, said Assistant
Commissioner (Revenue), Sukhdev Singh Sambyal, who is also
Executive Officer of Shri Shiv Khori Shrine Board.
The state government had put in place all arrangements of
boarding, lodging, sanitation, medicare, electricity and
drinking water supply, besides the security.
The Shivkhori Shrine Board and Tourism Department had
created adequate lodging facilities at base camp, Ransoo and
near the cave shrine for the comfortable stay of the pilgrims.
Various social organisations including Shivkohri Mandli, Katra, had installed free langers at mela site and enroute
the cave shrine.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani