217 pilgrims leave for Amarnath from Jammu
Jammu: A batch of 217 pilgrims on Sunday left the Jammu base camp for the holy cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir.
A convoy of eight vehicles carrying the 38th batch of 217 devotees left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar around 4:40 AM to pay obeisance at the holy cave shrine, police said.
The batch, comprising 135 men, 31 women and a child, besides 74 sadhus, was on its way to twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal, they added.
With today`s batch, a total of 50,983 pilgrims have left the Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
Meanwhile, a batch of 288 pilgrims left in nine vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu city for the Buddha Amarnath Yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Daughter Laila, Jamie Foxx honour Muhammad Ali at BET Awards
- Three injured in clash in Muzaffarnagar
- National Conference legislators walk out of J&K Assembly
- Akhilesh-Shivpal rift widens as 'uncle' skips UP Cabinet expansion ceremony - Read details
- Six dead, 17 wounded as suicide bombers strike Lebanese village