217 pilgrims leave for Amarnath from Jammu
Jammu: A batch of 217 pilgrims on Sunday left the Jammu base camp for the holy cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir.
A convoy of eight vehicles carrying the 38th batch of 217 devotees left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar around 4:40 AM to pay obeisance at the holy cave shrine, police said.
The batch, comprising 135 men, 31 women and a child, besides 74 sadhus, was on its way to twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal, they added.
With today`s batch, a total of 50,983 pilgrims have left the Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
Meanwhile, a batch of 288 pilgrims left in nine vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu city for the Buddha Amarnath Yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested