2.18 lakh devotees pay obeisance at Amarnath
Jammu: Over 2.18 lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas even as a batch of 1,280 devotees left for their onward journey from Saturday.
Over 2,14,118 pilgrims have paid obeisance at the cave shrine of Amarnath till last evening, yatra officials said, adding 3,945 pilgrims have left this morning for their onward journey taking the total number of the pilgrims to 2,18,063.
A convoy of 42 vehicles, carrying the 17th batch of 1,280 devotees, left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar at around 4.45 AM to pay obeisance at Amarnath, police said.
The devotees included 934 men, 238 women and 12 children, apart from 96 priests, they added.
With today`s batch, a total of 35,974 pilgrims have left the Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read