21,968 works taken up under NREGA, Rs 132 cr spent in J&K
Jammu: Nearly 21,968 works under
NREGA have been taken up for execution in Jammu and Kashmir,
where Rs 132.16 crores have been spent so far during the
Replying to a question of CPI(M) Legislator M Y
Tarigami during Question hour in the legislative Assembly,
Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Ali Mohmad
Sagar said during 2009-2010, 21,968 works have been taken up
for execution out of which 7,521 works stand completed
ending January 2010.
He further said in 2008-2009, 13,122 projects were
taken up for execution under the UPA`s flagship employment
guarantee scheme NREGA, out of which 7,069 works were
Sagar further said during the current fiscal, up to
January 2010, against the availability of Rs 158.30 crore an
amount of Rs 132.16 crore had been spent.
NREGA was launched in 2005-06 in the districts of
Doda, Poonch and Kupwara in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened