21,968 works taken up under NREGA, Rs 132 cr spent in J&K
Jammu: Nearly 21,968 works under
NREGA have been taken up for execution in Jammu and Kashmir,
where Rs 132.16 crores have been spent so far during the
Replying to a question of CPI(M) Legislator M Y
Tarigami during Question hour in the legislative Assembly,
Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Ali Mohmad
Sagar said during 2009-2010, 21,968 works have been taken up
for execution out of which 7,521 works stand completed
ending January 2010.
He further said in 2008-2009, 13,122 projects were
taken up for execution under the UPA`s flagship employment
guarantee scheme NREGA, out of which 7,069 works were
Sagar further said during the current fiscal, up to
January 2010, against the availability of Rs 158.30 crore an
amount of Rs 132.16 crore had been spent.
NREGA was launched in 2005-06 in the districts of
Doda, Poonch and Kupwara in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan