225 Jammu schools do not have proper toilets
Jammu: As many as 225 schools in Jammu region do not have proper toilets and are doing with temporary arrangements.
"Temporary arrangements have been made in 225 schools of Jammu district where the construction work of toilet units are in progress," Deputy Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir Tara Chand told the Assembly today, while replying to a Calling Attention Motion moved by Jammu West MLA Chamal Lal Gupta.
Deputy CM, who also holds Education portfolio, said all 51 schools in the Jammu West constituency have toilet facility, while the mobile primary school in Lakkar Mandi has temporary toilet facility.
Gupta, however, contradicted Chand`s reply and claimed that there are various schools in his constituency which do not have toilets.
On this, the Deputy CM said that he will inquire into it and if the data given to him by officials is found to be wrong, he will take action against them.
MLA Chaman Lal Gupta had moved the Calling Attention Motion in the House to draw attention towards the issue of schools without toilets causing hardships to the students, especially girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA