225 Jammu schools do not have proper toilets
Jammu: As many as 225 schools in Jammu region do not have proper toilets and are doing with temporary arrangements.
"Temporary arrangements have been made in 225 schools of Jammu district where the construction work of toilet units are in progress," Deputy Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir Tara Chand told the Assembly today, while replying to a Calling Attention Motion moved by Jammu West MLA Chamal Lal Gupta.
Deputy CM, who also holds Education portfolio, said all 51 schools in the Jammu West constituency have toilet facility, while the mobile primary school in Lakkar Mandi has temporary toilet facility.
Gupta, however, contradicted Chand`s reply and claimed that there are various schools in his constituency which do not have toilets.
On this, the Deputy CM said that he will inquire into it and if the data given to him by officials is found to be wrong, he will take action against them.
MLA Chaman Lal Gupta had moved the Calling Attention Motion in the House to draw attention towards the issue of schools without toilets causing hardships to the students, especially girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police