225 Jammu schools do not have proper toilets
Jammu: As many as 225 schools in Jammu region do not have proper toilets and are doing with temporary arrangements.
"Temporary arrangements have been made in 225 schools of Jammu district where the construction work of toilet units are in progress," Deputy Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir Tara Chand told the Assembly today, while replying to a Calling Attention Motion moved by Jammu West MLA Chamal Lal Gupta.
Deputy CM, who also holds Education portfolio, said all 51 schools in the Jammu West constituency have toilet facility, while the mobile primary school in Lakkar Mandi has temporary toilet facility.
Gupta, however, contradicted Chand`s reply and claimed that there are various schools in his constituency which do not have toilets.
On this, the Deputy CM said that he will inquire into it and if the data given to him by officials is found to be wrong, he will take action against them.
MLA Chaman Lal Gupta had moved the Calling Attention Motion in the House to draw attention towards the issue of schools without toilets causing hardships to the students, especially girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Must see pics! Incredible images of lava from Hawaii’s volcano cascading into the ocean (Photo feature)
- A month on, search continues for missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- PM Modi calls for dialogue, accepts development alone can't bring 'lasting solution' to Kashmir
- Seoul, Washington start war game despite Pyongyang's backlash
- Manjula Chellur sworn-in as Chief Justice of Bombay High Court