2,280 simcards recovered in Jammu, two shopkeepers arrested
Jammu: Police have arrested two shopkeepers here and seized 2,280 sim cards which they were allegedly selling in violation of norms in a militancy affected area of Jammu region.
Police raided two shops in Janipur and Karanmarket area of Jammu city and recovered 2,280 simcards of a mobile company late last night, officials said.
Two shopkeepers - Rajesh Kumar and Sanjay Sapolia - were later arrested, they said adding that they were selling sim cards without any verification in the militancy affected
areas of Jammu region, particularly Bhaderwah teshil of Doda district.
Police have registered a case and started investigation, officials said adding that there could be more arrests as they apprehend that some of the sim cards may have gone to the militants.
Police are likely to quiz officials of the mobile company about possession of such a large number of simcards by shopkeepers, who were neither dealers nor distributors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!