2,280 simcards recovered in Jammu, two shopkeepers arrested
Jammu: Police have arrested two shopkeepers here and seized 2,280 sim cards which they were allegedly selling in violation of norms in a militancy affected area of Jammu region.
Police raided two shops in Janipur and Karanmarket area of Jammu city and recovered 2,280 simcards of a mobile company late last night, officials said.
Two shopkeepers - Rajesh Kumar and Sanjay Sapolia - were later arrested, they said adding that they were selling sim cards without any verification in the militancy affected
areas of Jammu region, particularly Bhaderwah teshil of Doda district.
Police have registered a case and started investigation, officials said adding that there could be more arrests as they apprehend that some of the sim cards may have gone to the militants.
Police are likely to quiz officials of the mobile company about possession of such a large number of simcards by shopkeepers, who were neither dealers nor distributors.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler