23 injured in bus accident
Srinagar: At least 23 persons were injured
when a passenger bus skid off a slippery road in Ganderbal
district of Kashmir valley on Tuesday, officials said.
The bus, on its way here from Bandipora district, met
with an accident at Safapora, 25 kms from here, the officials
They said five of the injured passengers have been
referred to SKIMS hospital at Soura in critical condition.
Slippery road condition is believed to be the cause of
the accident, the officials said.
The roads across Kashmir valley have turned slippery due
to sub-zero temperatures and heavy snowfall over the weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez