230 suicides by women reported in 2 years in J&K
Jammu: A total of 230 suicides by women have
been reported between 2010 to 2012 in Jammu and Kashmir, a
state minister on Tuesday said.
"During 2010-11 to 2011-12, 230 suicide deaths among
women have been reported in the state," minister for social
welfare Sakina Itoo said.
406 camps have been organised to generate awareness among
women about their rights, and benefits of the schemes of the
department, Itoo said.
The social welfare department along with the state police
is organising regular awareness camps to educate people about
different schemes of the government to curb the practice, said
She also said that about five lakh beneficiaries have
been brought under the ambit of different welfare and pension
schemes being run by the department.
Itoo was replying to a question by Naresh Kumar Gupta in
Legislative Council today.
She also said at district level a monitoring committee
headed by respective superintendent of police stands
constituted to ensure financial assistance to rape victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"