230 suicides by women reported in 2 years in J&K
Jammu: A total of 230 suicides by women have
been reported between 2010 to 2012 in Jammu and Kashmir, a
state minister on Tuesday said.
"During 2010-11 to 2011-12, 230 suicide deaths among
women have been reported in the state," minister for social
welfare Sakina Itoo said.
406 camps have been organised to generate awareness among
women about their rights, and benefits of the schemes of the
department, Itoo said.
The social welfare department along with the state police
is organising regular awareness camps to educate people about
different schemes of the government to curb the practice, said
She also said that about five lakh beneficiaries have
been brought under the ambit of different welfare and pension
schemes being run by the department.
Itoo was replying to a question by Naresh Kumar Gupta in
Legislative Council today.
She also said at district level a monitoring committee
headed by respective superintendent of police stands
constituted to ensure financial assistance to rape victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers