230 suicides by women reported in 2 years in J&K
Jammu: A total of 230 suicides by women have
been reported between 2010 to 2012 in Jammu and Kashmir, a
state minister on Tuesday said.
"During 2010-11 to 2011-12, 230 suicide deaths among
women have been reported in the state," minister for social
welfare Sakina Itoo said.
406 camps have been organised to generate awareness among
women about their rights, and benefits of the schemes of the
department, Itoo said.
The social welfare department along with the state police
is organising regular awareness camps to educate people about
different schemes of the government to curb the practice, said
She also said that about five lakh beneficiaries have
been brought under the ambit of different welfare and pension
schemes being run by the department.
Itoo was replying to a question by Naresh Kumar Gupta in
Legislative Council today.
She also said at district level a monitoring committee
headed by respective superintendent of police stands
constituted to ensure financial assistance to rape victims.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living