2,300 applications for LoC permits under verificat
Jammu: Over 2,300 applications of divided
families from Jammu and Kashmir and Pakistan occupied Kashmir
are under verification for grant of `LoC permits`, a state
Home Ministry official has said.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah had informed the Legislative
Council yesterday that 18,601 persons have travelled on the
`Line of Control (LoC) permits` through Poonch-Rawalakot and
Uri-Muzaffarabad routes since the opening of these routes.
"As many as 2,333 applications of the members of the
divided families from PoK and J&K are under-verification in
Jammu and Kashmir," the official said yesterday.
Of these, 1,869 applications belong to the people of
PoK and 564 applications are from J&K, he said.
He said that no application has either been received and
processed for grant of permits to persons other than the
members of divided families.
There is no proposal pending before the state government
as far as the status of opening of Jammu-Sialkot, silk route,
Nowshera-Chinger and Tattapani for trade and travelling, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!