23,535 Civil Defence volunteers trained in basic skills: DGP
Jammu: Stressing on the importance of Civil Defence in tackling tough situations, Director General of Police (DGP), Ashok Prasad today said 23,535 volunteers of the organisation were trained in basic skills like fire fighting, first aid and rescue operations.
"Enrolment of wardens and volunteers has been taken up in the rural areas also, while 23,535 CD volunteers were trained in basic skills like fire fighting, first aid and rescue", Prasad said after inaugurating the sixth Chief Wardens Civil Defence Conference here.
Besides 174 awareness camps were organised during the past one year and 47 rescue operations were conducted at different places in the state, the DGP said.
"Civil Defence is an important instrument of administration, which can be harnessed in hour of distress.
"The role of CD volunteers need to be recognised by the society, as it is the zeal and commitment of the volunteers, which many a times helped the administrative authorities to prepare for any catastrophic event to take preventive measures,"? Prasad said.
During the conference important functionaries of Civil Defence from across the state would discuss important issues and further requirements to make the organisation meet its objectives, he said.
"The conference would provide platform to the participants to deliberate on geophysical features of the state and its vulnerability to disasters, besides pre-hospital management of victims of disasters and fire fighting measures," the DGP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh