24,000 pilgrims pay obeisance at Vaishnodevi on 1st Navratra
Jammu: As many as 24,000 devotees paid obeisance at the holy cave shrine of Vaishnodevi in Katra on the first day of Navratra on Thursday.
"So far 24,000 devotees have paid obeisance at the shrine," a Vaishno Devi Shrine Board official said.
Long queues of devotees were also witnessed in Jammu since early morning, with people thronging temples to offer prayers.
Tight security arrangements have been put in place on the occasion to ensure a safe and secure Yatra with additional units of paramilitary forces being roped in to maintain a close watch.
People are being frisked at several checkpoints and police officers in plain clothes have also been deployed to keep a vigil on suspicious movements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says