24,000 pilgrims pay obeisance at Vaishnodevi on 1st Navratra
Jammu: As many as 24,000 devotees paid obeisance at the holy cave shrine of Vaishnodevi in Katra on the first day of Navratra on Thursday.
"So far 24,000 devotees have paid obeisance at the shrine," a Vaishno Devi Shrine Board official said.
Long queues of devotees were also witnessed in Jammu since early morning, with people thronging temples to offer prayers.
Tight security arrangements have been put in place on the occasion to ensure a safe and secure Yatra with additional units of paramilitary forces being roped in to maintain a close watch.
People are being frisked at several checkpoints and police officers in plain clothes have also been deployed to keep a vigil on suspicious movements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!