24,000 pilgrims pay obeisance at Vaishnodevi on 1st Navratra
Jammu: As many as 24,000 devotees paid obeisance at the holy cave shrine of Vaishnodevi in Katra on the first day of Navratra on Thursday.
"So far 24,000 devotees have paid obeisance at the shrine," a Vaishno Devi Shrine Board official said.
Long queues of devotees were also witnessed in Jammu since early morning, with people thronging temples to offer prayers.
Tight security arrangements have been put in place on the occasion to ensure a safe and secure Yatra with additional units of paramilitary forces being roped in to maintain a close watch.
People are being frisked at several checkpoints and police officers in plain clothes have also been deployed to keep a vigil on suspicious movements.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan