24,000 pilgrims pay obeisance at Vaishnodevi on 1st Navratra
Jammu: As many as 24,000 devotees paid obeisance at the holy cave shrine of Vaishnodevi in Katra on the first day of Navratra on Thursday.
"So far 24,000 devotees have paid obeisance at the shrine," a Vaishno Devi Shrine Board official said.
Long queues of devotees were also witnessed in Jammu since early morning, with people thronging temples to offer prayers.
Tight security arrangements have been put in place on the occasion to ensure a safe and secure Yatra with additional units of paramilitary forces being roped in to maintain a close watch.
People are being frisked at several checkpoints and police officers in plain clothes have also been deployed to keep a vigil on suspicious movements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested