250 People`s Conference activists join ruling NC in J&K
Srinagar: As many as 250 activists of People`s Conference on Monday joined the ruling National Conference in Kupwara district of north Kashmir.
"People`s Conference (PC) received a major jolt when its 250 activists, belonging to Ramhal area, joined National Conference (NC) today at a well-attended function in Handwara," a NC spokesman told reporters here.
He said the activists of the outfit, headed by Sajjad Gani Lone, were welcomed into the party fold by Minister for Consumer Affairs and Transport Choudhary Mohammad Ramzan, who is also the local MLA.
"These PC front-ranking workers have joined NC after being impressed by programmes and policies of the present government led by our dynamic Chief Minister Omar Abdullah," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?