250 People`s Conference activists join ruling NC in J&K
Srinagar: As many as 250 activists of People`s Conference on Monday joined the ruling National Conference in Kupwara district of north Kashmir.
"People`s Conference (PC) received a major jolt when its 250 activists, belonging to Ramhal area, joined National Conference (NC) today at a well-attended function in Handwara," a NC spokesman told reporters here.
He said the activists of the outfit, headed by Sajjad Gani Lone, were welcomed into the party fold by Minister for Consumer Affairs and Transport Choudhary Mohammad Ramzan, who is also the local MLA.
"These PC front-ranking workers have joined NC after being impressed by programmes and policies of the present government led by our dynamic Chief Minister Omar Abdullah," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state