2,500 militants ready to infiltrate into J&K: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Wednesday said that around
2,500 trained militants are ready to infiltrate into Jammu and
Kashmir from across the border.
"There are reports that around 2,500 fully trained
Kashmiri militants are ready to infiltrate into Jammu and
Kashmir from across the border/ LoC," Minister of State for
Home Jitendra Singh told Rajya Sabha.
The Minister said the government has adopted various
counter terrorist methods to neutralise the efforts and
capabilities of militants to disturb peace in the state.
"The government has also encouraged policies to
mainstream the youth and discourage the local youth from
joining militancy," he said.
Singh said the Centre in tandem with the state government
has adopted a multi-pronged approach to contain cross border
infiltration in Jammu and Kashmir which include strengthening
of border management and multi-tiered and multi-model
deployment along international border/ Line of Control and
infiltration routes, construction of fencing, weapons for
security forces etc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days