2,500 militants ready to infiltrate into J&K: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Wednesday said that around
2,500 trained militants are ready to infiltrate into Jammu and
Kashmir from across the border.
"There are reports that around 2,500 fully trained
Kashmiri militants are ready to infiltrate into Jammu and
Kashmir from across the border/ LoC," Minister of State for
Home Jitendra Singh told Rajya Sabha.
The Minister said the government has adopted various
counter terrorist methods to neutralise the efforts and
capabilities of militants to disturb peace in the state.
"The government has also encouraged policies to
mainstream the youth and discourage the local youth from
joining militancy," he said.
Singh said the Centre in tandem with the state government
has adopted a multi-pronged approach to contain cross border
infiltration in Jammu and Kashmir which include strengthening
of border management and multi-tiered and multi-model
deployment along international border/ Line of Control and
infiltration routes, construction of fencing, weapons for
security forces etc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!