2,500 militants ready to infiltrate into J&K: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Wednesday said that around
2,500 trained militants are ready to infiltrate into Jammu and
Kashmir from across the border.
"There are reports that around 2,500 fully trained
Kashmiri militants are ready to infiltrate into Jammu and
Kashmir from across the border/ LoC," Minister of State for
Home Jitendra Singh told Rajya Sabha.
The Minister said the government has adopted various
counter terrorist methods to neutralise the efforts and
capabilities of militants to disturb peace in the state.
"The government has also encouraged policies to
mainstream the youth and discourage the local youth from
joining militancy," he said.
Singh said the Centre in tandem with the state government
has adopted a multi-pronged approach to contain cross border
infiltration in Jammu and Kashmir which include strengthening
of border management and multi-tiered and multi-model
deployment along international border/ Line of Control and
infiltration routes, construction of fencing, weapons for
security forces etc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen