2,500 ultras waiting to crossover into J&K
New Delhi: As tension prevails along the Indo-Pakistan border, more than 2,500 militants are getting ready in different terrorist camps at Pakistan-occupied- Kashmir and waiting for opportunities to cross over to India.
Intelligence reports indicate that there were 42 militants camps functioning across the borders of which 25 are in PoK and 17 in other parts of Pakistan where the 2,500 militants were getting ready with training, arms and ammunition, Home Ministry sources said.
Besides, at least 90 Pakistani infiltrators entered India through the Indo-Pak border this year. At least 125 militants were also apprehended along the border in Jammu and Kashmir while trying to infiltrate into India.
The huge jump in the number of Pakistani infiltrators -- from 63 in 2011 to 90 this year -- sent alarm bells ringing in the Home Ministry, which directed security agencies to intensify vigil along the border.
Altogether 94 Pakistani infiltrators have entered into India in 2010 and 69 in 2009 through the Indo-Pak border.
There have been a total of 249 infiltration attempts this year as against 247 last year. There were 489 infiltration attempts in 2010, 485 in 2009, 342 in 2008 and 535 in 2007.
The sources said these attempts were being made with the active help of Pakistan Army which often gives firing cover to the militants.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark