28 people rescued in snow-hit J&K
Jammu: As many as 28 passengers, trapped due
to heavy snowfall in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir,
were today rescued by police who shifted them to safer areas.
According to police, three light motor vehicles (LMVs)
carrying 12 persons got trapped due to heavy snowfall in
Ramsoo area of Ramban district. A rescue operation was
launched and all passengers were evacuated safely.
16 other people were rescued in Nowgam area, they said.
Due to the continuous rainfall in the area, houses of
nine migrant families were damaged and they were rescued by
the police and shifted to nearby PWD building, they said.
In view of avalanche threat in different places in the
district, 10 families from village Kurzi, six other families
from other villages were shifted to safer places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown