28 people rescued in snow-hit J&K
Jammu: As many as 28 passengers, trapped due
to heavy snowfall in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir,
were today rescued by police who shifted them to safer areas.
According to police, three light motor vehicles (LMVs)
carrying 12 persons got trapped due to heavy snowfall in
Ramsoo area of Ramban district. A rescue operation was
launched and all passengers were evacuated safely.
16 other people were rescued in Nowgam area, they said.
Due to the continuous rainfall in the area, houses of
nine migrant families were damaged and they were rescued by
the police and shifted to nearby PWD building, they said.
In view of avalanche threat in different places in the
district, 10 families from village Kurzi, six other families
from other villages were shifted to safer places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16