28 people rescued in snow-hit J&K
Jammu: As many as 28 passengers, trapped due
to heavy snowfall in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir,
were today rescued by police who shifted them to safer areas.
According to police, three light motor vehicles (LMVs)
carrying 12 persons got trapped due to heavy snowfall in
Ramsoo area of Ramban district. A rescue operation was
launched and all passengers were evacuated safely.
16 other people were rescued in Nowgam area, they said.
Due to the continuous rainfall in the area, houses of
nine migrant families were damaged and they were rescued by
the police and shifted to nearby PWD building, they said.
In view of avalanche threat in different places in the
district, 10 families from village Kurzi, six other families
from other villages were shifted to safer places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!