28 people rescued in snow-hit J&K
Jammu: As many as 28 passengers, trapped due
to heavy snowfall in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir,
were today rescued by police who shifted them to safer areas.
According to police, three light motor vehicles (LMVs)
carrying 12 persons got trapped due to heavy snowfall in
Ramsoo area of Ramban district. A rescue operation was
launched and all passengers were evacuated safely.
16 other people were rescued in Nowgam area, they said.
Due to the continuous rainfall in the area, houses of
nine migrant families were damaged and they were rescued by
the police and shifted to nearby PWD building, they said.
In view of avalanche threat in different places in the
district, 10 families from village Kurzi, six other families
from other villages were shifted to safer places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi