28 people rescued in snow-hit J&K
Jammu: As many as 28 passengers, trapped due
to heavy snowfall in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir,
were today rescued by police who shifted them to safer areas.
According to police, three light motor vehicles (LMVs)
carrying 12 persons got trapped due to heavy snowfall in
Ramsoo area of Ramban district. A rescue operation was
launched and all passengers were evacuated safely.
16 other people were rescued in Nowgam area, they said.
Due to the continuous rainfall in the area, houses of
nine migrant families were damaged and they were rescued by
the police and shifted to nearby PWD building, they said.
In view of avalanche threat in different places in the
district, 10 families from village Kurzi, six other families
from other villages were shifted to safer places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan