3 militants, policeman killed in gunfight in Pulwama
Srinagar: Three militants and a policeman were killed and three security force personnel wounded in a fierce gunbattle in Tral area in Jammu and Kashmir`s Pulwama district today.
The gunbattle erupted when security forces launched a counter-insurgency operation in Midora village at Tral, some 35-km from here, following information about the presence of ultras there, IGP (Kashmir) A G Mir said.
Three militants and police constable Mushtaq were killed and three security force personnel, two of them from CRPF, were wounded in the exchange of fire, he said.
The house where the militants had taken shelter was destroyed in the gunbattle, the IGP told reporters after the wreath-laying ceremony for constable Mushtaq.
The slain ultras were identifed as Shabir Ahmed Bhat, Shahnawaz Ahmed Mir and Aijaz Ahmed.
Asked if the three ultras were involved in the Srinagar attack on an army convoy last week, Mir said investigations had not revealed this so far.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today