30 terrorists killed by army in Kashmir this month
Jammu: As many as 30 terrorists have been killed in army operations between September 1 and 16 in Kashmir Valley, an army spokesman said on Friday.
Of these, 15 terrorists were killed on the Line of Control (LOC) and the remaining in the hinterland in the Valley during the period, Lt Col J S Brar, Officiating Public Relations Officer of Northern Command headquarters, said in a release here.
The army had eliminated six terrorists and also recovered bodies of two ultras in Kashmir yesterday, he said, adding eight AK rifles, hand grenades, radio sets, sophisticated satellite equipment, maps and coding algorithms were also recovered.
The spokesman said these operations have been conducted in a professional and surgical manner where no collateral damage has occurred. This has been another blow to the terrorist designs in the Valley, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef