30 villages cut off due to flash floods in Samba
Jammu: Flash floods triggered by heavy rainfall in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir rendered about 30 villages cut off and led to several families being evacuated to safety.
About 24 families in Barian and two families in Thalote village have had to be shifted as a precautionary measure as heavy rainfall continues in the area, officials said.
District authorities have asked revenue and CAPD officials to set up temporary facilities for the relocated families.
Additional Deputy Commissioner, Samba, RK Shavan visited the flood hit areas of Barian, Sarthia and Madoon and gave instructions for monitoring the situation arising out of the heavy rainfall.
About 20-30 villages have been cut off due to flooded nullahs, officials said.
The ADC was accompanied by Border Roads Organisation officers and other officials.
Local panchayat members apprised them about the problems being faced by them after the temporary causeway was washed away.
The ADC asked BRO authorities to ensure repair of the causeway within three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack