30 villages cut off due to flash floods in Samba
Jammu: Flash floods triggered by heavy rainfall in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir rendered about 30 villages cut off and led to several families being evacuated to safety.
About 24 families in Barian and two families in Thalote village have had to be shifted as a precautionary measure as heavy rainfall continues in the area, officials said.
District authorities have asked revenue and CAPD officials to set up temporary facilities for the relocated families.
Additional Deputy Commissioner, Samba, RK Shavan visited the flood hit areas of Barian, Sarthia and Madoon and gave instructions for monitoring the situation arising out of the heavy rainfall.
About 20-30 villages have been cut off due to flooded nullahs, officials said.
The ADC was accompanied by Border Roads Organisation officers and other officials.
Local panchayat members apprised them about the problems being faced by them after the temporary causeway was washed away.
The ADC asked BRO authorities to ensure repair of the causeway within three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea