30 villages cut off due to flash floods in Samba
Jammu: Flash floods triggered by heavy rainfall in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir rendered about 30 villages cut off and led to several families being evacuated to safety.
About 24 families in Barian and two families in Thalote village have had to be shifted as a precautionary measure as heavy rainfall continues in the area, officials said.
District authorities have asked revenue and CAPD officials to set up temporary facilities for the relocated families.
Additional Deputy Commissioner, Samba, RK Shavan visited the flood hit areas of Barian, Sarthia and Madoon and gave instructions for monitoring the situation arising out of the heavy rainfall.
About 20-30 villages have been cut off due to flooded nullahs, officials said.
The ADC was accompanied by Border Roads Organisation officers and other officials.
Local panchayat members apprised them about the problems being faced by them after the temporary causeway was washed away.
The ADC asked BRO authorities to ensure repair of the causeway within three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof