3,000 youth recruited in police since 2010: J&K CM
Srinagar: About 3000 youth, almost half of them hailing from different areas of Srinagar, got employment in police during 16 special recruitment rallies conducted since 2010, Jammu and Kashmir Assembly was informed on Monday.
"As many as 2,916 youth were recruited as constables during the recruitment drives conducted in police department since 2010," Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, who also holds the Home portfolio, said in a written reply to four questions.
As per the information, the highest number of 1,378 youth were recruited in the seven recruitment rallies conducted in the different constituencies of Srinagar between January 12, 2011 to May 6, 2012.
Four more such drives were conducted at Akhnoor, Nagrota, Reasi and Udhampur in Jammu region this year, recruiting a total of 494 youth in the police department.
The special recruitment drives at the level of constables are being conducted in the police department, pursuant to the cabinet decision taken on December 4, 2009.
As per the cabinet decision, the state police would undertake special recruitment drives in the under-represented areas in the state, for completing the recruitment process at the level of constabulary in the time bound manner.
The chief minister said that a well defined procedure and criteria have been fixed for making these recruitments transparent.
"While undertaking such special recruitment drives, the primary requirements like age, qualification and physical standards of the candidates are checked and the candidates have to qualify the prescribed norms for entry into the police service," he said.
He said the conduct of the special recruitment drives is an ongoing process and the dates for conducting special recruitment drives in other areas would be notified at the appropriate time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!