30,000 devotees pay obeisance at Chountra Mata Shrine in J&K
Jammu: The shrine of Chountra Mata situated in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir is abuzz with activity with over 30,000 pilgrims having paid obeisance during the first three days of Navratras.
Over 30,000 pilgrims have paid obeisance at the holy shrine of Chountra Mata during the first three days of Navratras, temple officials said.
The shrine is situated on a scenic hillock in-between village Rang Bulandh and village Thail in tehsil Ramnagar and Majalta of the Udhampur district.
Elaborate arrangements of security, drinking water, power supply, medicare have been made by the temple administration for the pilgrims, they said.
Mahamaya Chauntra Mata Management Committee and various social organisations have also arranged for community kitchen for the devotees, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state