30,000 devotees pay obeisance at Chountra Mata Shrine in J&K
Jammu: The shrine of Chountra Mata situated in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir is abuzz with activity with over 30,000 pilgrims having paid obeisance during the first three days of Navratras.
Over 30,000 pilgrims have paid obeisance at the holy shrine of Chountra Mata during the first three days of Navratras, temple officials said.
The shrine is situated on a scenic hillock in-between village Rang Bulandh and village Thail in tehsil Ramnagar and Majalta of the Udhampur district.
Elaborate arrangements of security, drinking water, power supply, medicare have been made by the temple administration for the pilgrims, they said.
Mahamaya Chauntra Mata Management Committee and various social organisations have also arranged for community kitchen for the devotees, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi