301 camera-equipped observers deployed at voter camps in Reasi
Jammu: 301 camera-equipped observers were today deployed at voter camps set up at various polling stations across Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The district administration had organised various camps at 301 polling booths in the district in which around 1,500 names of new voters were added to the list.
"In the first of its kind initiative, 301 camera equipped observers were deputed at polling booths to document the progress of registration process," an official spokesman said.
The District Election Officer inspected a series of polling stations in rural areas. As many as 30 sectoral and 45 zonal officers were deployed to ensure proper arrangements at each polling booth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren