301 camera-equipped observers deployed at voter camps in Reasi
Jammu: 301 camera-equipped observers were today deployed at voter camps set up at various polling stations across Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The district administration had organised various camps at 301 polling booths in the district in which around 1,500 names of new voters were added to the list.
"In the first of its kind initiative, 301 camera equipped observers were deputed at polling booths to document the progress of registration process," an official spokesman said.
The District Election Officer inspected a series of polling stations in rural areas. As many as 30 sectoral and 45 zonal officers were deployed to ensure proper arrangements at each polling booth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok